Verdicts & Settlements

$8.8 Million in Paralyzing Swimming Pool Injury

A former Penn State track star was swimming in an unlit swimming pool one night, when he dove underwater through a rubber inner tube, hit the bottom head first, and became a quadriplegic for life. There was no warning about proper diving safety, even surface diving. There were no lights. The owners of the pool should have done both. The swimming pool manufacturer should provide warnings to consumers about diving shallow and “steering up” when surface diving in residential pools. Both the manufacturer and the homeowner were held liable.
Legal Resources:
Articles Blogs Glossary